Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without using medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science, and digital tools, combined with our clinical expertise, shift the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission is to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
You will join the Growth team, whose mission is to support all future Virta members in making informed decisions about choosing diabetes reversal. As a Backend Software Engineer, you will accelerate our growth by building an industry-leading infrastructure that moves, transforms, validates, and enriches data. The projects you will work on will include but are not limited to
- Creating a highly trusted pipeline to process contacts data sent to us by our customers
- Integrating a diverse multitude of user behavioral data sources into one unified profile view
- Creating systems to surface key contact insights for automating and launching highly personalized marketing campaigns
- Instrumenting our core product surface to increase the visibility of the efficiency of our growth engine
While you will focus on growth, youll also have the opportunity to influence directions across many initiatives and strategies across the company, including our identity resolution system, experimentation framework, and analytical data definitions.
- Design and build novel technical solutions that solve value-based healthcare's unique practice management challenges.
- Be a thoughtful technical leader and collaborate with product managers to design and implement solutions that achieve the team's goal.
- Lead projects and collaborate empathetically with other engineers.
- Write, maintain, and debug code that powers mission-critical components.
- Embody Virtas cultural values and encourage others to do the same.
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Code and ship multiple features that involve back-end code with complete test coverage
- Collaborate with other engineering team members through knowledge sharing, pair programming, and giving feedback in code reviews
- Propose and implement one or more process/product improvements to make our engineering team even better
- 4+ years of shipping backend code in a high-quality production environment, with exposure to data-centric systems.
- Have experience leading a project or piece of a project from inception to completion
- Have familiarity with Python, Go, or a modern programming language.
- Have Experience building, deploying, and maintaining micro-services or large monolith services in production.
- Have experience designing and implementing RESTful API contracts and database modeling expertise in SQL or NoSQL
- Nice to have: working knowledge of data pipeline technologies such as BigQuery, data fixtures, airflow, and DBT
Virtas company values drive our culture, so youll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take the initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.