Who we are...:
Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart mobility. We develop technology-enabled solutions that help the world move safely and easily. We are fostering the development of safe cities, working with police departments and municipalities to install over 4,000 red-light, speed, and school bus stop arm safety cameras across North America. We are also creating smart roadways, serving the world's largest commercial fleets and rental car companies to manage tolling transactions and violations for over 8.5 million vehicles. And we are a leading provider of connected systems, processing nearly 165 million transactions each year across 50+ individual tolling authorities.
The Business Intelligence Engineer partners with business and technical stakeholders to identify needs for data, reports, dashboards and actionable insights, and develops effective business intelligence (BI) solutions to answer the business needs that result in optimal business performance.
- Partner with stakeholders, specialists, and users to identify and validate business requirements for data, metrics, reports, dashboards, and BI solutions
- Query, collect and evaluate data and information from multiple sources, resolves conflicts, and structures data for analysis and reporting
- Test and validate data quality, data flow and BI solutions
- Perform statistical analysis and modeling to extract knowledge and insights from data
- Create hypotheses and experiments to identify hidden relationships and construct new analytics methods
- Visualize information and develop reports and dashboards on results of data analysis
- Influence business and technical stakeholders through presentation of data-based insights and recommendations
- Design, develop and maintain reports, dashboards, and other BI solutions
- Perform ongoing monitoring, support and refinement of reports, dashboards, and BI solutions
- Implement new tools to make data flow and analysis more efficient
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in related field
- 2 years minimum experience developing BI and analytics solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database concepts, querying, and data warehousing (Oracle/SQL Server).
- Direct work experience using Visual Studio and/or Report Builder to build paginated reports in SSRS
- Proficiency with scripting and programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Work experience in data warehouse environment data replication, extraction, transformation, loading and cleansing.
- Data analysis and modeling skills using Excel and other statistical analysis tools
- Ability to understand the need behind the need
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptional skills with data visualization, specifically using PowerBI
Aligned with Verra Mobility Values:
- Do Whats Right Were committed to doing the right thing for each other and for our customers integrity is our DNA.
- Lead With Grace We embrace the importance of our colleagues and customers and always treat them with kindness and grace.
- Own It We foster a culture of accountability and excellence, where going the extra mile is standard practice.
- Win Together We are ambitious and like to win, but we know we win more when we include others and work together.