Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key client stakeholders, Epic and/or other 3rd party vendor representatives, internal EHR personnel, and internal development teams to support and position all parties for success
- Foster innovation and coordinate with Epic, internal team, and clients to integrate beneficial new functionality, workflow enhancements, and upgrades within reasonable timelines
- Participate in all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing and follow Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases
- Develop Web App components using Angular, CSS and other software development tools and technologies
- Using patterns, integration/collaboration concepts, and technologies such as Backend as Service (BaaS), Serverless FaaS, Microservices, message queues, FHIR
- Unit and integration tests for all written software programs and components. Follow test driven development approach
- Review code and transfer knowledge according to established team processes
- Document and communicate design and application code specifications and details to other team members
- Adapt to new programming languages, methodologies, platforms, and frameworks to support the business needs
- Design and execute EHR developer environment strategy, objectives, and roadmap alignment in support integration and development team goals and with minimal disruption to care delivery organization operations
- Conduct meetings and presentations to communicate information effectively and in the appropriate form to customers, business users, and technical staff
- Monitor and track multiple projects and the associated tasks simultaneously and cope with rapidly changing information and circumstances
- Develop measurements are used to detect internal problems before they result in user-visible outages or data quality issues
- Maintain high-quality documentation of data definitions, transformations, and processes to ensure data governance and security
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of programming and full software development life-cycle experience
- 5+ years of web service API development experience
- Hands-on experience with different data/application integrations and interfaces (HL7, FHIR, APIs, etc.)
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of stakeholders, including internal development and technical teams, senior leaders and executives, and external third-party vendor development teams
- 5+ years of experience Cloud/Distributed architecture design patterns
- 2+ years Epic experience with Epic certification in one or more Epic modules: EpicCare Ambulatory, Healthy Planet, or MyChart
- Healthcare business experience: Provider network Management, Hospital EMR/Billing system exposure, Revenue Cycle Management understanding, Physician Practice Management, CMS guidelines/mandates to Independent Physicians or Hospitals, Payer-Provider relationship, HEDIS, Member/Patient Risk Management
- Experience with Azure Event Grid or Kafka
- Comfortable initiating conversations with both business and technology leaders within the organization
- Familiar with clinical workflows and healthcare business processes
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.