Careers at Managed Care of North America, Inc. (MCNA), part of the UnitedHealthcare and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. MCNA is a leading dental benefits administrator dedicated to promoting high quality and cost-effective oral health. We provide services to state agencies and managed care organizations for Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and Medicare members. We also offer commercial plans for private employers, individuals and families. Join our team and help us make dental care more accessible to everyone. Our career opportunities span across different job categories and specializations, requiring a varying level of skills. Working with us means being part of a stable organization with meaningful purpose that will support your personal and professional development. This is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others while growing your career with a company that services over 8 million people. Become part of a team that has a passion for excellence and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role is an amazing opportunity for someone with a passion for business and data analysis.This role will be responsible for the management and manipulation of structured and unstructured data, with a focus on building business intelligence solutions, conducting trend analysis, performing normalization operations, and assuring data quality. Team members will be responsible for building data driven insights and interpreting data for business through story telling. Analysts will be responsible for maturing the analytics model from one that is descriptive to one that is predictive and prescriptive using the latest technology tools available in the Salesforce and Snowflake ecosystems.
Youll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Daily administration and proactive monitoring of business-critical data in the Salesforce and related integrated databases
- Manage the quality of the data within the database by recommending appropriate workflow and performing proactive data cleansing, merging, and de-duplication activities
- Develop customized reports and dashboards using CRMAnalytics (TableauCRM)
- Leverage Salesforce platform, ETL (Informatica), Snowflake, and CRMAnalytics (TableauCRM) tools to accomplish as much as possible in a short amount of time
- Ensure that the connectivity between Salesforce and other internal databases is working consistently and properly
- Manage and update multiple databases for consistency
- Make recommendations on design of data solutions, including where data should be stored (Snowflake vs Salesforce) so that it be best leveraged by the business
- Review recommendation of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect database (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics such as location, amount of space, access method, interconnectivity to other databases)
- Implement AI/ML models to facilitate Predictive Analytics and Next Best Action recommendations within Salesforce
- Identify, research, and resolve data anomalies
- Create data dictionaries to document data types, associated business rules
- Test changes made to database models
- Assist in development of tools to measure external data sources compared to Salesforce to ensure accuracy and alignment
- Assist in the development of training for end users and provide support for increased adoption
- Confer with co-workers to determine impact of database changes on other systems
You will be an important voice in the direction we go in terms of technology solutions and an innovative and creative thinker whose direction and vision of our analytics strategy will be listened to. We are a solid team, we work well together, chemistry will be important. Flexible in terms of schedules.
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in health care data analysis or health program evaluation
- 3+ years of experience in mapping data between data sources
- Demonstrated proficiency using Salesforce or other CRMs
- Proficient in Tableau, Einstein Analytics and/or equivalent BI tools
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative to excel in a fast-paced environment, pivoting priorities as business needs shift
- Proven experience as a highly motivated, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, ability to work independently, ability to meet organizational objectives and deadlines, ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manipulate large data sets while understanding both technical and business impacts
- Experience utilizing very solid communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated solid ability to collaborate with end users in various departments
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with Snowflake, specifically as a data source for analytics
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent presentation skills and professional communication style
- Computer programming basics to interpret and understand logic/code behind
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, youll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.