Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
This position is aClinical DataAnalystfor the Supplemental Data Entry and Primary Source Verification processes. It assists with the coordination of HEDIS and STARs data gathering process within DataRAP, Cozeva, and additional applications as needed. This role evaluates the quality and completeness of clinical documentation processes by performing data analysis, assisting in the improvement of the clinical documentation process, maintaining accurate records of review activities, and ensures all data submitted to the health plan meets the HEDIS/Star technical specifications for medical records. This role assists the Sr. Clinical Analyst, Manager of Quality Operations and Director of Quality Operations with reporting, prioritization, user acceptance testing, and process improvement.
If you are located within CST, EST, MST, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create, analyze, and report out on the HEDIS gap, quality, and productivity reporting
- Analyze data for possible discrepancies and deficiencies and report findings
- Develop and document process improvement
- Work to refine HEDIS/STAR data collection software and data collection strategies, as needed
- Support hybrid processes as needed, including identifying sampled members that we have medical record data for to support gap closure
- Participate in user acceptance testing, assist with team coordination of system changes, and system upgrades
- Complete training on HEDIS/STAR measures
- Support and improve communications between market and corporate departments
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associates degree
- 2+ years of Business or Clinical Analytics experience
- 2+ years of healthcare experience to include experience in a managed care setting
- 2+ years of process improvement experience
- 1+ years of HEDIS experience or participation with similar regulatory reporting
- Intermediate experience using Microsoft Office applications, including databases, word-processing
- Intermediate experience using Visio and Excel
- Registered or Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Certified Professional Coder
- Six Sigma
- Bachelors degree
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office applications, including databases, word-processing
- Advanced experience using Visio and Excel
- Excellent presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, youll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.