100% REMOTE (Must be U.S. based)
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together. Job Description
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be part of the Core-Cap team. This team develops and maintains critical shared services which provide backbone to the integrity suite of applications. In this role you will be required to be a hands-on backend developer. You will be primarily responsible for analyzing requirements, brainstorming ideas and software design and carrying out the development work. You will be expected to consider aspects like performance, scalability, latency, cost effectiveness and efficient memory management when developing features. Ability to work across cross-functional teams, partner with Architects, collaborate with Product Managers and other leads and mentor junior developers is highly desirable. Qualifications
Essential Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge/Experience:
PreferredQualifications, Skills, and Knowledge/Experience:
- 5+ years experience writing robust web/SaaS applications in Java with Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Hibernate).
- Strong knowledge of functional programming and object-oriented design and implementation, and RESTful API design and implementation.
- Extensive experience with software development best practices (e.g. design patterns, test-driven development, code profiling, debugging).
- Practical experience in cloud technologies and frameworks (we use AWS and its native services such as RDS, SQS, SNS, S3 etc.)
- Experience working with relational databases (we use Postgres) and Caching systems (we use Redis).
- Experience with container and clustering technologies (we use kubernetes).
- Experience with CI/CD tools (we use Jenkins)
- Ability to balance working on multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Experience in working within an Agile model (particularly Scrum).
- Experience with AI/ML and Python
- Experience with Cloud Native development within a serverless architecture (AWS preferably)
is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes. Our Values
underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each others successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
varies by countrySeeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize its unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If youre willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Amazon S3
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (Sns)
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (Sqs)
- Amazon Web Services
- Artificial Intelligence