At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our Finance teams are essential to our business and functional teams to make educated, sound decisions that drive our Mission and make us a stable and trusted industry leader. From Financial Planning & Analysis, Tax, Treasury, Financial Reporting, Audit, Investor Relations, Strategy & Corporate Development to Accounting, our Finance functions have a diverse and global presence, providing significant opportunities to develop unique career experiences and perspectives. Ranked #95 on the 2021 Fortune 500 list and with revenues of more than $40 billion, youll discover endless opportunities to grow a rewarding career as part of the world leader serving science.
How you will make an impact:
The Senior Global Data Analyst / Analytics Developer will work closely with CDD Contracts & Pricing, Global Strategic Pricing, Finance, Commercial, and IT teams to collect and analyze CRM, sales transaction detail, pricing guidelines, and other related data to identify pricing opportunities. Their main responsibility will be to identify data insight needs and develop optimal solutions using tools such as Advanced Excel, Power BI, and reports for ongoing pricing and contracting analytics and document for use in ongoing sustainment of pricing and contracts dashboards.
What you will do:
- This role will require the candidate to lead the business requirements gathering, data analysis and development of ad hoc, Advanced Excel and/or Power BI dashboards for pricing analytics.
- This position will work primarily with the Pricing & Contracts function to support design, build, and test of data pipelines to acquire, cleanse, consolidate, integrate, and persist structured pricing transactional data.
- Work with internal and external data providers and domain experts to understand data sources and formats
- Provide design documentation and training to team members for ongoing development, maintenance, and sustainment.
How will you get here:
A Bachelors degree in a related field. Masters degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Business analysis and analytics experience with a heavy focus on pricing, sales, and margin
- Superb communication skills and ability to translate business questions into reporting solutions; work with data domain experts to interpret data from various sources and present in visual dashboards for various audiences.
- Extensive Power BI dashboard and report development experience
- Ability to design data models and identify gaps or limitations in data available
- Experience in developing data integrations between internal and external sources
- Experience in designing and supporting data warehouse structures
- Experience in ETL using Power Query M
- Experience in developing calculated fields/measures in Power BI using DAX
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 + extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255
*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.