Overview: Texas Oncology's Covid 19 vaccine mandate policy requires that all new hires be vaccinated or obtain an approved exemption before their start date. More information will be provided to you throughout the interview process. Texas Oncology
is looking for a full-time Senior Project Manager, Business Intelligence
to join our team! Texas Oncology
is the largest community oncology provider in the country and has approximately 600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care because they believed in making the best available cancer care accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still the same today-at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve "More breakthroughs. More victories." in their fight against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology
treats half of all Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis. Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas Oncology in treating more patients diagnosed with cancer than any other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous PTO program, and a 401k plan that comes with a company match. In addition to a Wellness program that rewards you for practicing a healthy lifestyle, and many other great perks, such as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance program, and discounts on some of your favorite retailers. What does this position do?
Under general supervision, supports all activities associated with the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects that relate to critical business goals while ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include Code of Ethics and Business Standards, and US Oncology Shared Values. Uses knowledge of clinical and practice systems to analyze solutions for electronic medical billing, pharmacy management systems, inventory management systems, medical laboratory systems and/or electronic medical records systems. Works with other teams on the deployment, installation, and maintenance of software programs and constantly reviews processes to suggest and implement improvements. Escalates any project issues or risks, and provides recommendations to senior leadership as appropriate.
Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Requires in-depth professional knowledge and practical/applied expertise in IT projects and basic knowledge of related disciplines of business project management for a dynamic team comprised of domestic and international talent
- Has knowledge of best practices for data analytics, general enterprise software systems, and how systems integrate with others; demonstrates awareness of the healthcare industry, including evolving customer demands, and the factors that differentiate the organization in the market
- Collaborates acts as project manager, collaborating with Leadership while managing deliverable timelines of data delivery products.
- Prepares meeting minutes for all project meetings, including internal and external customers.
- Helps solves complex problems and willing to take a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Works independently and collaboratively with minimal guidance while collaborating with Leadership to assist the team to the management of deliverables
- Clearly explains necessary information; works to build consensus
- Identify and escalate issues to Leadership to ensure successful implementation (on time, on budget, and within scope)
- Responsible for facilitating change request process in relation to assigned projects
- Prepare supporting documentation and present initial project requests and change requests
- Provide weekly status updates on assigned projects
- Other job duties as assigned
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this position will have the following background and experience: Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum five (5) years of project management for a healthcare-focused IT team
- Minimum three (3) years of related Healthcare operations. Prefer experience in healthcare delivery (hospitals/clinics), clinical research/clinical trials, pharmaceutical or diagnostic disciplines (i.e., lab, radiology, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree required in IT, Data Science & Analytics, Business, Statistics, Healthcare Clinical Work, Business Management OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases and understanding of potential causes of data quality issues
- Clinical process analysis and implementation of technical improvements in report development or automation
- Demonstrated experience with consolidating data and reporting data in a cross functional environment (i.e., from multiple data sources including EMR clinical charting; claims/encounters; pharmacy; lab; radiology and provider)
- Experience using end-user tools (e.g., SQL language) to query data sets & create reports
- Facilitate report production or data process development required to meet business needs
- Proficient in MS office suite
- Self-starter with proven leadership skills in consulting and project management
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with business intelligence, reporting, data analysis, and interpretation of large databases preferred
- Healthcare experience (in clinical provider setting, clinical trials, pharma, or lab) preferred
- Experience or certification in SCRUM or Agile development preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be present at the employee site during regularly scheduled business hours and regularly required to sit or stand and talk or hear. The position requires full range of body motion, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. The position requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. The employee occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. The position requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed in an office environment with frequent interaction internally with corporate and field staff, and externally with outside vendors. Work may require possible travel by air or automobile.