Syniverse is the world’s most connected company. Whether we’re developing the technology that enables intelligent cars to safely react to traffic changes or freeing travelers to explore by keeping their devices online wherever they go, we believe in leading the world forward. Which is why we work with some of the world’s most recognized brands. Eight of the top 10 banks. Four of the top 5 global technology companies. Over 900 communications providers. And how we’re able to provide our incredible talent with an innovative culture and great benefits.
Who We're Looking For
The Technical Product Owner will lead the technical evolution for one or multiple of Syniverse’s products. In this role you will serve as the customer proxy and liaison between a technical product manager and the agile teams you serve. Your work will enable Syniverse to be positioned best-in-class for all mobile Customer Engagement needs across SMS/MMS as well as next-generation channels.
The TPO will ensure timely delivery of our platform evolution milestones and work closely with engineering & development teams, and operations.
Some of What You'll Do
- Act as the Product Management lead for internal & external development teams, including responsibilities such as platform roadmap definition, feature prioritization, requirements engineering, etc..
- Translate requirements and desires of Enterprises from a Customer Engagement perspective into a prioritized roadmap.
- Ensure features are built in a cohesive, well-designed way that solve for customer needs
- Partner with Commercial Product Managers & Technical Product Managers to execute on bespoke solutions for major customers.
- Manage Product lifecycles; Work closely with the market facing Product Manager to translate and manage features, needs, requirements to completion and launch (or sunsetting products)
- Provide strong communication and documentation on a regular basis.
- Create and promote appropriate techno-commercial knowledge to sales & sales supporting teams including materials for RFP-support, customer technical reviews etc.
The qualifications we are looking for are considered a mix of work experience and education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent related experience.
- 3+ years of Product Management or Product Owner experience.
- 3+ years of experience working for technology companies in technical roles.
- Developer background desired
- Proven technical background in telco platform development (ideally SMS, MMS, Omni-Channel)
- Knowledge of agile project management tools such as: JIRA and Agile Craft, and knowledge of other tools such as Confluence, MSOffice, Visio are advantages
- Leading telco platform development in an agile environment preferred (ideally in transactional services like SMS/MMS, CPaaS, API solutions)
- Working knowledge or ability to learn company policies and procedures
- Strong customer focus with ability to professionally and courteously interact with all levels of employees
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience writing user stories and technical requirements.
- Strong organizational skills and follow-up skills
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and balance competing priorities is key
- Balance of Technical and Business Acumen
- Good understanding of cloud-native development
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not designed to be utilized as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Why You Should Join Us
Join us as we write a new chapter, guided by world-class leadership. Come be a part of an exciting and growing organization where we offer a competitive total compensation, flexible/remote work and with a leadership team committed to fostering an inclusive, collaborative, and transparent organizational culture.
At Syniverse connectedness is at the core of our business. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion among our employees is crucial to our success as a global company as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people who want to help us connect the world.