US1411 SOTF, LLC Zip Code:
30144 Minimum Level of Education:
Bachelor's Degree Minimum Years of Experience:
5 Years Employment Type:
Full Time Travel Percentage:
Up to 25% JOB SUMMARY
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team and help us drive innovation across our business. In this role you will utilize your analytical, quantitative modeling, and problem solving expertise to drive and support strategic and tactical initiatives in sales, merchandizing, marketing, and for our ecommerce platforms. We believe that a keen understanding of our customers is essential for driving innovation in these areas, and we are looking for someone with the intellectual curiosity and technical skills to explore our vast amounts of data, promote, design and operationalize data driven solutions in service of our customers. Responsibilities
- Apply specialized skills in data science to solve problems in various domains
- Analyze data and present results in a clear manner utilizing advanced visualization techniques.
- Use predictive modeling to optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Build actionable KPIs, dashboards and ad hoc reports measuring results and showing key trends.
- Evaluate, learn and master new technologies and developments in the AI/ML space
- Collaborate with development team to deploy models and analytical solutions to customer facing systems
- Engage and collaborate with various stakeholders across the business to promote data driven solutions.
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or other quantitative degrees OR
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or other quantitative degrees and 7+ years of relevant work experience
- 4+ years of experience accessing and manipulating data in SQL environments such as Hive, Spark, Redshift and other traditional database applications
- 1-2 years of experience accessing and manipulating data in NoSQL environment
- 2+ years of experience with Python or R
- 1+ years of experience with natural language processing (NLP) methods and algorithms
- 1+ years of experience with deep learning platforms such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, MxNet
- 1+ years of experience with advanced statistical and quantitative modeling techniques such as Neural Networks, Gradient Boosted Machines, Random Forests, K-means, etc., understanding their drawbacks and advantages
- 1+ years of experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Scala, PySpark, EMR, GCP
- Knowledge of statistical concepts such as probability distributions, statistical testing, design of experiments, A/B testing.
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau, Kibana
- 7-10 years of overall advanced analytics experience can be inclusive of post-graduate work
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple tasks and exceed deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with a group on various on-going projects simultaneously.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers (management, co-workers, vendors, and customers.)
- Ability to operate an automobile or arranged transportation to meet demands of the position.
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in both oral and written form
- Ability to plan and organize time and projects efficiently.
- Ability to exchange and furnish information requiring detailed explanations and maintain active discussions with customers and other work groups.
- Ability to act in an ethical, honest, and professional manner at all times.
- Desire to work independently as well as in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to look at a computer screen for prolonged periods of time and type.
- Requires the ability to read written instructions, reports, and other documentation.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually light to moderate.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. BENEFITS INFORMATION:
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.