Stefanini is looking for Software Asset Management Analyst in San Francisco, CA
- Day-to-day management of acquisition, licensing compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing.
- Works closely with vendor, procurement/finance, Information Security when needed to ensure software and licenses are appropriate for Bank environment and available prior to deployment.
- Responsible for software and license maintenance activities, including:
- Creating and maintaining software licenses in accordance with specifications in ServiceNow and ITAM Central repositories
- Processing new software purchases and applying appropriate software license
- Monitoring and identifying compliance risks of software licenses
- Working with the stakeholders to address efficiency and renewal issues.
- Receiving and managing software license keys and coordinating software and license reclamation activities
- Manage license true up & reconciliation.
- Provide support during software audits.
- Assist with dispute resolution.
- Recommend audit defense initiatives.
- Follow through with vendors and Business Groups to obtain identified savings.
- Coordinate contracts and relationships to maximize value creation and costs for software licensing, maintenance, and service offerings.
- Facilitate the business' needs for ongoing support and upgrade by ensuring that maintenance, support and renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration.
- Stay informed of new and updated software license models and options for key vendor products and respond to software license related questions or inquiries from software owners, end users, and other stakeholders.
- Engage various stakeholders such as IT teams, Business Group Liaisons, and end-users to help collect, organize, and manage software assets.
- Support projects and programs to enhance Asset Management function's ability to manage IT assets as well as ensure compliance with applicable local and System policies and written guidelines, including licensing requirements.
- Develop and update process flows, diagrams, and narratives.
- Experience in asset life-cycle management, process improvement and compliance
- Working knowledge of the fundamental concepts and procedures used in a purchasing and asset management environment
- Working knowledge of software licensing and understanding of contract language
- Working knowledge of reconciling software licensing and software maintenance terms and conditions between procured rights and quantities with compliant deployment of software assets.
- Working knowledge of the procurement life-cycle and best practices
- Strong problem-solving with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong data analysis and manipulation skills including strong MS Excel
- Working knowledge of current IT technologies and full understanding of industry practices
- Self-motivated, tenacious with ability to work independently
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to detail
- Experience with CMBD, SCCM, or other Asset Management tools.
- Experience with ServiceNow is a huge plus.
- IAITAM or CSAM certification a plus.
- College degree in business or technology preferred.
- Background and understanding of IT processes and infrastructure, including but not limited to IT Asset Management with a focus on inventory life cycle, practices and Management.