Do you enjoy developing software that makes machines do amazing things? Are you creative and motivated to bring new software products to market that connects sensors, advanced servo motion controls and Windows-based PCs together and ultimately drives the worlds leading waterjet cutting machines? Working within a small, focused, cross-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and documenting new and existing software products for these systems while setting the bar for innovation across the industry.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, modifies, develops and documents new and/or existing software products to meet customer and market requirements in a standard product (OEM) environment.
- Works on new features and bug fixes for existing waterjet machine software applications while also working on new, next-generation product development.
- Implements user interface for new applications or to improve existing applications using latest UI/UX methodologies.
- Supports product documentation including generation of user manual content, sequence of operations and source code documentation.
- Develops and executes unit tests, assists in preparing testing criteria and participates in the testing process with regular code reviews and analysis of software performance.
- Develops and maintains processes required for continuous improvement within the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient developer with solid background in Object Oriented programming (Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual C++, C#, .NET or Java preferred)
- Solid understanding of Windows/Microsoft .NET framework
- Experienced in UI/UX design and implementation for stand-alone Windows-based and/or web-based applications
- Experienced in use of ALM tools and processes such as Microsoft TFS/Azure DevOps for collaboration, bug-tracking, testing and deployment in a fast-paced standard product environment.
- Knowledge of software licensing tools and integration into standard software products a plus.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex.
- Solid math skills.
- Strong oral and written, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on projects in addition to functioning well in a team environment.
- Ability to take initiative; highly self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability for innovative/creative thinking.
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS), Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering (BSEE) and 2-3 years related experience.
- Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS), Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering (MSEE) and 0-2 years related experience.
No Recruiters Please!
_Shape Technologies Group and our companies operate as an equal opportunity employer. Per regulations, any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities will be provided. If you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources. All personal information that is collected will remain private and confidential.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time