Technology Product Manager
*Potential for position to be Remote or Hybrid. Preferred within the Sandy Spring Bank footprint (DC/MD/VA)*
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been certified as A Great Place To Work, recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Technology Product Manager in the Information Services Administration Department. The Technology Product Manager will be part of a Technology product-engineering team, acting as decision maker and curator of the backlog of work for the team. You will work in close collaboration with engineers, business stakeholders, and other technology teams to drive the launch and continuous improvement of new and existing products and services. This position will work closely with senior management and business unit leaders throughout the organization to promote the product vision and implement the technology and process improvements required to achieve product goals.
Areas of focus:
- Supervise Product Owners, Analysts, and technology resources and their respective assignments in accordance with Bank guidelines. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and overall development of staff. Mentor associates while providing challenging opportunities to enhance growth and appraising performance. Help to build and maintain a positive team culture.
- Partner with Bank executive management and business unit leaders to build applications that leverage Salesforce to enable associates with varied levels of technology sophistication to achieve business goals and productively engage prospects and customers of the Bank.
- Contribute to product vision build in partnership with COE leadership and the business stakeholders, in line with company objectives.
- Define the roadmap based on the vision for the technology platform.
- Responsible for guiding overall product direction through breaking down new epics, creating and validating features, and guiding prioritization sessions to balancing competing priorities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams across business lines to execute ideas through all aspects of the product development lifecycle including research, design, development, rollout planning, and launch to enhance the company's capabilities.
- Collaborate with technology and business line leaders to prioritize, justify, integrate and drive product opportunities and roadmap of products and features that solve business problems and increase value to internal and external customers.
- Drive the product vision and high-level technical concepts to bridge the gap between technology and business, helping to launch new products and features in a customer-friendly way.
- Manage complex, multiple product roadmaps by prioritizing needs with key stakeholders in a partnership/consultative relationship.
- Oversees analysis and conducts complex data analysis and user research to identify opportunities and ideas to execute against. Develops criteria of UX interviews, prototype testing and product specifications.
- Leads communications with appropriate LOB resources, departments and customers, to facilitate and document product governance meetings. Develop a strong network with key business stakeholders.
- Define success criteria & metrics for the team's work and assess product quality and drive value through KPI and Metrics.
- Shape the requirements of how the product should scale according to market trends and business needs.
- Shape the COE to streamline the business processes and reduce the number and complexity of inter-related information systems to solve business needs.
- Remain up to date on technology and market trends as they relate to the application of technology to the financial services industry.
- Create long-term strategic goals for business impact of technology products.
- Know compliance responsibilities and particular requirements affecting your area of responsibility, incorporate these requirements into your business processes and procedures, perform ongoing monitoring and periodic self-assessments including reporting and corrective action as needed, and assure appropriate training to associates regarding these responsibilities and procedures.
- Model and foster behaviors that support the Banks values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
- Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. MBA or MIS preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of working in industry or related field
- Strong understanding of products, processes, systems, and business objectives required.
- Experience working in financial services preferred.
- Minimum 3 years product management experience on cloud-based enterprise applications and integrated solutions preferred.
- Awareness and understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology with working knowledge of the product owner role.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working within an agile environment.
- Strong MS Office skills required, including, but not limited to: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet major milestones.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, presentation, analytical, decision-making and task management skills.
- Tolerance of ambiguity; ability to thrive in a fast paced, challenging and consistently changing work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
- Must be able to multitask in a busy environment with no direct supervision utilizing a high energy level and sense of urgency.
SPECIFIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires reasonable mobility in and around the work area. Ability to use standard computer and phone systems is required
- Normal office environment where there is almost no discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or other disagreeable elements.
- Work includes little or no potential exposure to hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to travel to remote company and/or client locations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment.
Sandy Spring Bank requires COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a condition of employment for all employees. Submission of Covid-19 Vaccination Card is required if hired. Accommodations may be available for those who are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.