Position Summary... What you'll do...
Working at Sam's Club means a career without boundaries. There's always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work.
Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you'll quickly find that we're a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam's Club is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. What you'll do ...
The Data Scientist will focus on the development of innovative/new and enhancing existing statistical models for improving member experience within the digital space (dotcom, mobile app and Scan & Go), setup measurement tests, manage existing and develop new reporting, inform business and product owners on the insights from those as well as run strategic, important custom analyses to evaluate member experience, member-centric custom analytics, and consultation to business stakeholders.
This person will be a strategic thought partner working with product teams to improve member experience by identifying the issues members face on digital platform, ideate solutions, estimate impact and communicate it to the dev teams. The role requires strong hands-on machine learning skills, working knowledge in statistical and business intelligence tools, coding and automation, marketing domain expertise, business acumen, problem solving skills as well as strong communication and presentation skills. You'll make an impact by ...
- Using advanced analytics techniques to uncover valuable insights from data and improve member experience on digital platform
- Helping identify opportunities and areas of improvement for the digital business through advanced analytics and measurement
- Partnering with digital product teams to influence business strategies and solve complex problems.
- Being the go-to person for analysis and data for digital business and product initiatives.
You'll sweep us of our feet if...
- Building prototypes and simulations using Machine Learning, Statistical Modeling as a proof of concept
- Building dashboards and reports to track various KPIs (marketing and membership related)
- Building automated anomaly detecting tools for identifying root causes of changes in metrics (membership and digital KPIs) and effectively communicate the results to various stakeholders
- Selecting the analytical modeling technique most suitable for the structured, complex data and develops custom analytical models
- Identifying and designing experiments to measure the impact of membership, digital and brand marketing initiatives (dimensions of the experiment, finalizes the design, tests hypotheses, and conducts the experiment)
- Providing and supporting the implementation of data science solutions by identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Building compelling presentations that synthesize findings, explain story behind the numbers, and communicate actionable recommendations
- You possess strong communication skills to 'tell a story' that provides insight into the business
- You possess hands-on experience in dashboard development and visualizations (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI)
- You possess hands-on skills in data wrangling with tools such as SQL and Tableau Prep
- You have a passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment
- You have a collaborative mindset and sense of curiosity
- You have proficient coding skills (SQL/Python/R) and database knowledge (structured and unstructured)
- You have proficient skills in machine learning, time series analysis, NLP, A/B testing, statistical analysis, forecasting, and network graphs
- You have experience working on GCP and Azure
- You have experience working in finance / credit, fraud, digital and marketing analytics, and retail analytics is a plus
- Master's degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, or related field.
- 5 years' experience in data science, machine learning, NLP, statistics, optimization models, or related field.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process. Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great benefits include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more. Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics or related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Option 3: 4 years' experience in an analytics or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master's degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch) Primary Location...
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America