Job ID: 2217360
Location: REMOTE WORK , MI , US
Date Posted: 2022-11-23
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Embedded SW Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is currently looking to hire a, Fully Remote, Embedded Software Engineer in Warren, MI to support the US Army Ground Vehicle System Center (GVSC) to work on the embedded software of the ground combat vehicles.
- The candidate conducts, analyzes and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of software on embedded systems.
- The candidate performs hands-on embedded software system development from lab to field application.
- The candidate will determine computing system requirements; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls.
- The candidate prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, scripts, and utility programs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree and five (5)+ years of experience with embedded systems; experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Proficient in high level programming languages like C/C++
- Experienced with real time operating systems like VxWorks
- Technical capability in embedded software engineering; knowledge in software architecture modeling and software development
- Experience in hands-on development of embedded software in a system integration lab (SIL) environment
- Must be able to obtain a full Secret Clearance; Interim Secret required prior to start, SAIC will help to obtain
- Must be a current US Citizen
- Experience in programming languages like ADA
- Knowledge of Communication Buses (CAN (J1939), USB, Ethernet)
- Knowledge of Instrumentation Software (LabView, MATLAB), Scripting Tools and Microcontroller experience
- Knowledge of and ability to apply ISO/IEC 12207 standards
Target salary range: $115,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC is a premier Fortune 500 technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.