Rexel USA Hartford, CT, USA
The professional in this position will participate in all aspects of managing and ensuring the quality of the data that is utilized by the business systems.
Specific job functions will include:
- Assisting maintenance of Capitol Light and Rexel Systems
- Work with IT Manager in weekly calls for systems maintenance
- Attend calls with project managers and customers to have full understanding of customer requests.
- Assist project managers in miscellaneous data entry, data scrub.
- Create mass load templates.
- Create part numbers for items in Web Order Entry system.
- Develop new reports and queries as needed by the organization.
- Support business by actively supporting the user base with general IT issues and problem-solving
- Provide redundancy in understanding and managing hardware systems utilized by the organization.
- Assist in designing overall department strategy and program enhancements.
- Provide redundant support for external users (Punchout/Website) as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by IT Manager and other department managers.
- Some administrative oriented tasks may be required - such as answering phones, supply ordering
- Oversee the loading of data from external suppliers into our system
- Research and create internal part numbers for items as needed
- Oversee the creation and management of Attributes, Categories, UNSPSC coding, and pictures for products in the system.
- Assist in invoice scrubbing as needed
- Create reports and queries to support user needs
- Assist in implementation of new hardware and systems when required
- Assist users as needed with general IT issues
- Work with internal customer to spec out potential new solutions for issues.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new systems within the organization
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Database technologies (SQL, Access)
- Basic working knowledge of PC based hardware systems.
- Must have ability to function both independently and in a team environment, be able to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and successfully work against fixed implementation dates.
- Must possess excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
Knowledge related to the following is not required, but a plus.
- Experience with products in the "Electrical" space.
- Basic programing skills.
- Mid to high level experience with Microsoft Suite
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and staff to make an accurate assessment of customer and branch needs.
Ability to verify and calculate figures such as cost, credit, debit and profit, shortage, loss and understand and interpret financial and or inventory data and reports and balance sheets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, inventory software, internet software and order processing systems.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to use sound judgment and problem solving skills to analyze customer, branch and employee problems and to recommend the proper course of action. Ability to organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
The attendance demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is required Monday through Friday within normal business hours. Employee may be required to occasionally work on Saturdays and Sundays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, handle, or feel, and required to speak, read, and hear English. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. There may be occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions while in warehouse. This is a high stress and fast paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, accounting software, internet software and database software.
Posted date: 18 hours ago