Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It's where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you'll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You'll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that's uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest brings millions of people the inspiration to create a life they love for everything; whether that be tonight's dinner, next summer's vacation, or a dream house down the road. Core Product Serving team builds and maintains the E2E system which powers all the Pinterest products including home feed, search, shopping etc. We are looking for an infra engineer to keep improving the system and adding cutting edge functionalities. You'll have the opportunity to work closely with Product teams to help them move fast and build awesome features rapidly on top of your systems. You'll also have the opportunity to work closely with ML engineers to apply the latest ML technologies into the system.
There are unique technical challenges for this team: building large scale systems that can host billions of all kinds of Pinterest documents including images, videos, products as well as Ads and serve hundreds of thousands recommendation/search requests. The system must be highly scalable, extremely fast and stable.
What you'll do:
* Design and build large scale, high performance recommendation / search systems. And keep improving performance, scalability and stability
* Drive cross functional collaborations with partner teams to add new functionalities to support all kinds of product innovations
What we're looking for:
* 2+ years of industry experience
* Expert in Python and Java or another static language like Go
* Hands-on experience with big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop/Spark)
* Experience building high scale systems and services
* Nice to have:
* Big data offline batch process and streaming process
* Expert on C++
* Professional on Java and Python would be big plus
Colorado based applicants only:
* The minimum and maximum salary for this position is $131,100 to $196,800 in Colorado;
* This position is eligible for equity; and
* Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Backend Software Engineer, Core Product Serving Platform
/>* This compensation and benefits information is based on Pinterest's good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, travel, shift requirements, relevant prior experience and/or education, or particular skills and expertise.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love-and that includes our employees. We're taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.
- Apache Hadoop
- Apache Spark
- Big Data
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Data Streaming