As a Computer Support Technician with OMES you will enjoy:
· Generous leave including 15 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave and 11 paid holidays annually.
· A comprehensive Benefit Package with a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Full-time 40-hour work weeks.
- Support the Information Services Division.
- Salary based on education and experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Configure, install, and maintain workstations and laptops in a networked environment.
- Identify network, hardware, and software problems utilizing diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Install, configure, apply patches, and update operating systems and workstation applications.
- Maintain workstation systems at performance level to meet customer expectations for reliability and stability
- Serve as the escalation point for technical and customer related issues in assigned geographical area
- Ensure that all reported issues are entered into the ticketing system and have full and proper documentation and are close to successful resolution
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot peripheral devices, such as printers
• The employee must occasionally lift, and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Lifting above the head is occasionally required.
- This position may require travel up to 50 percent of the work week.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services provides excellent service, expert guidance and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.