Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people's lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia's Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.About Deepfield
Deepfield is dedicated business line and a part of Nokia's IP and Optical Networks business group. At Deepfield, we build software-based solutions that cover IP network intelligence, analytics and distributed denial of service (DDoS) security. Using our Deepfield portfolio, our customers can obtain unique, real-time network and services insight that can help them improve their network performance and security, and optimize their customers' experience for the 5G, cloud and IoT era.
We are engaged in cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics and, as a result of our work we create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform.
Come join us and help advance state-of-the-art network intelligence and analytics.What We Do at Deepfield
Our customers are internet-focused companies that are fully immersed in the 21st century: our solutions have found their place in the largest networks of today - from service providers (cable and multiple system operators, telecommunications service providers, and cloud providers) to webscale companies and large digital enterprises. There's no shortage of data in these environments; the challenge is in turning all that data into meaningful and actionable information that can be used to drive improved network performance and customer experience, create better strategic business decisions and automate networks and network operations.
The biggest players in the industry are turning to Deepfield for all these answers. It isn't enough for our products to be intuitive, engaging, and beautifully engineered and designed - they also need to be reliable and scalable.
This is where we need you.Job Position Description:
You'll work on a small team to help define and, most importantly, build the backend to a business intelligence application that allows the user to navigate, analyze, and explore massive data in ways that anticipate the questions that need to be answered.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with a proven track record delivering production-quality software over at least the last five years. This isn't a "connect-the-dots" dev position - our engineers must be able to take loosely defined, complex ideas and run with them, working toward that elegant result.What you will learn and contribute to
Your skills and experience
- Write clean, scaleable, and tested code
- Mentor junior engineers
- Participate in code reviews
- Contribute to architecture/design discussions
- Help lead and scale our engineering organization
- Writing code that runs on large clusters over terabytes of data every day
- Has developed in a compiled language (Scala/C/Rust) and a scripting language (Python/Clojure) or whatever language is appropriate for each project
- Day-to-day Linux, Git, all from the shell
- Contributes to a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
- Thrives in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up environment
- Interest in new technologies and inquisitive nature
- Experience working with large amounts of streaming or batch data
- Previous data warehousing experience (OLAP, for example)
- Experience leading a team or mentoring other engineers
- Familiarity with common networking protocols and terminology
- Familiarity with network operations (running networks)
What we offer
- The excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
- A group of people that actually enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talks, outings... oh, and did we mention food?
- The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
- A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor stocked with plenty of snacks and sunlight
- Opportunity to learn about other cutting-edge technologies and engage in collaboration with diverse set of colleagues all over the world
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia's employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Code Review
- Data Streaming
- Data Warehousing