MarketAxess is a FinTech company and component of the S&P 500. We are a leading provider of global fixed income trading platforms, data, and post-trade solutions
The fixed-income markets represent an enormous global marketplace, where only a fraction of average daily trade volume occurs electronically. Believe it or not, most fixed-income trades are still executed via phone or blotter, providing us with a significant opportunity for disruption and future growth.
We believe this market is ripe for disruption and have created a proprietary electronic platform that connects the world's most influential financial institutions to the world's largest capital market. Since 2015, MarketAxess has grown from roughly 300 employees to approximately 700 with offices across seven countries and annual revenue has more than doubled. We're excited about the growth opportunities ahead and have built a fast-paced, collaborative, environment where all employees are empowered to make a material impact. We hope you'll come joi us! About the Job
We are seeking a Software Engineer with experience in distributed system design to join our Trading Platform Modernization team. This team is responsible for building the Next-gen trading platform at MarketAxess. You will be working closely with other team members in proposing & implementing the solutions. You will be establishing with meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions.
You should be passionate about technology, software engineering, quality, and innovatively addressing business problems. You will work with the team to collaborate on software solutions and ensure exceptional software engineering practices, quality, and good documentation. It's essential to be willing to take on new skills to meet the shifting demands of accelerating our modernization efforts to the public cloud and Kubernetes world. A critical success factor is being viewed as a trusted partner and collaborator, including business and technology stakeholders.
We embrace a culture of collaboration and experimentation while striving and encouraging all team members to focus on continuous improvement and learning. We openly welcome diverse perspectives and people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions and prior ways of working. Otherwise, how do we innovate, learn and grow as a team and individuals. What You'll Do
What You Bring to the Table
- Work with your engineering team & engineering lead throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software development & releases.
- Develop & document systems to resolve problems identified through testing so that the software can meet the end-user's needs using test first development model
- Develop & enhance new global fixed income e-trading platform
- Be part of a scrum team comprised of skilled technology professionals with the goal to revolutionize the credit and corporate bond markets
- Implement and support products/initiatives from infancy to maturity
- Work closely with enterprise architects, product managers & team leads
- Be a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices, writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Transform business ideas into highly utilized features and services for our customers
- Establish technical standards for developing and testing software.
- Assist with testing software and troubleshooting issues.
- Meet with team members to come up with software solutions.
- Optimize and maintain existing software.
What's In It for You?
- 4+ years minimum of progressive software development experience
- 4+ years of experience with microservices using Spring/Spring Boot
- 2+ years in cloud development skills
- Highly motivated Software Engineer who is eager to acquire new skills and cloud learning
- Real world hands-on experience/knowledge with low latency, high throughput distributed systems is plus
- Proven experience in Microservices, containers and Kubernetes
- Knowledge/experience with service-oriented architecture and event streaming (e.g., Kafka, Flink) is plus
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design patterns, multi-threading programming and Streams
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customer
- Understanding of Agile software development and operating model
- Exceptional problem resolution skills
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal, and team communications skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members and colleagues across the organization, as well as open attitude about sharing work-in-progress and developing ideas from both yourself and others
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- AWS certification (Solutions Architect/Developer) preferred
In addition to working on cutting edge technology and in our culture of innovation, collaboration, and openness, we offer:
- Hybrid Environment: Flexibility matters! Our employees enjoy a mix of working in the office and from home
- Employer Provided Food: Free lunch is delivered for all employees when in the office. Offices are always stocked with free snacks and drinks.
- Paid time off: Competitive PTO package including vacation days, sick leave, charity leave and parental leave
- 401(k): Dollar-for-dollar employer match up to $10K
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Participate in our tax advantaged ESPP and purchase MarketAxess common stock
- Health Insurance: Highly competitive medical, dental, and vision programs
- Wellness Stipend: Up to $1K annually towards gym memberships, home office equipment and more
- Onsite Healthcare: Convenient access to world-class care through Mount Sinai at our Hudson Yards location
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Training: We want to empower your continued growth and development. On-demand learning, boot camps, and opportunities to attend conferences are available to all employees.
For job positions in NYC, NY, and other locations where required, the estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is $110,000 USD to $165,000 USD. Actual salary may vary depending on job-related factors, which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. You may also be eligible for annual cash incentives, equity, and other benefit programs.
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic in the location in which the candidate is applying.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
MarketAxess Privacy Notice for Candidates
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants
- Agile Methodology
- Apache Flink
- Apache Kafka