What You Will Do This position will be filled at either the Software Developer 2 or 3 level, depending on the skills of the selected candidate. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if the candidate is hired at the higher level. The Software and Applications Engineering (SAE) Division supports Los Alamos National Laboratory's (LANL) enterprise applications and performs software application development support, database development and administration, software quality management, and enterprise application consulting. The Enterprise Resource Planning Business Process Management Solutions Group (SAE-2) provides application development, commercial off-the-shelf application implementation, supports business processes for financial, personnel, procurement, environment, safety and health, quality, human resources, and occupational medicine IT systems. Software Developer 2 ($81,700 - $133,100) We are seeking a Software Developer to join our dynamic team. Working alongside some of the brightest minds, you will be working on analyzing complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. You will be providing technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing/configuring systems and procedures that are cost-effective and meet end-user needs and requirements. The selected candidate will work as a Software Developer in the Enterprise Business Software group (SAE-2) supporting the development, customization, integrations, and maintenance of the Enterprise Data Services project, which includes Business Intelligence, reporting, access governance, and data delivery on IDS team. On any given day, you will be expected to perform the following functions: * Work with business areas to understand their processes and document their reporting, dashboard, and access control requirements.
* Write and execute SQL, report/dashboard reporting, unit, integration, and acceptance testing.
* Script automated functional tests utilizing Eggplant Functional, MicroStrategy Integrity Manager, or other tools.
* Possess excellent organization skills, willingness to learn, and the ability to multitask.
* Learn new technologies, business processes, to become an expert in their field, and the willingness and confidence to develop safety-class, mission-critical software. Safety and security are a primary responsibility for all Laboratory employees. You will assure safety and security compliance, maintain required safety and security training, and make safety and security an integral part of every task, including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
Software Developer 3 ($99,200 - $164,100) In addition to what was outlined at the lower level, at this level you will: * Provide mentoring to junior staff members.
* Self-initiate work with limited supervision, use independent judgment for determining the course of action to accomplish objectives, and use a broad range of advanced technical skills to solve complex technical issues.
What You Need Minimum Job Requirements: * Proven knowledge and experience of a software lifecycle and all its phases, including requirements, design, development, and testing
* Demonstrate experience with working and utilizing Oracle databases
* Demonstrate proficiency level of reading and writing SQL (or PLSQL) queries
* Experience utilizing a distributed version control system
* Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and scripting languages
* Understanding of data warehouse and reporting
* Experience providing customer support including collecting functional requirements, configuring, administering, and debugging technical issues with various IT systems
* Intermediate knowledge of testing strategies
* Can obtain a DOE Q clearance Education/Experience at lower level: Position requires a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 5 years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to the occupation. Additional Job Requirements for Software Developer 3: In addition to the requirements outlined above, qualification at the higher level requires: * Demonstrate experience in advanced reporting development and dashboard proficiency
* Experience in utilizing a programming or scripting language to perform data clean up or automate various tasks
* Experience with implementing various integration strategies for data and application integration
* Experience working with large data warehouses
* Understanding of data delivery strategies
* Experience with software configuration management and software quality assurance methodologies and practices
* Demonstrate expert knowledge of application administration for enterprise-level applications
* Demonstrate experience and willingness to provide mentorship to junior staff members Education/Experience at higher level: Position requires a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 8 years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to the occupation. At this level, post graduate course work may be desirable. Desired Qualifications: * Experience with a Business Intelligence tool
* Experience with MicroStrategy in an enterprise environment
* Experience with CI/CD
* Experience with integration platform middleware, i.e. Boomi, Denodo
* Experience using agile practices and principles and experience utilizing Scrum or Kanban framework
* Experience utilizing tools such as ServiceNow, Jira and/or Confluence
* Experience with enterprise business areas, such as Project Accounting, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Payables, Advanced Receivables, Cash Management, Inventory, Purchasing, Human Resources.
* Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills to handle communication with technical and non-technical peers, customers, and stakeholders. Strong teamwork and communication skills. Location: This position will be in Los Alamos NM with the flexibility for the selected candidate to work from a location other than the primary location. Reporting onsite will be periodically required. Remote is at the discretion of management and can change at any time with appropriate notice. Position commitment: Regular appointment employees are required to serve a period of continuous service in their current position in order to be eligible to apply for posted jobs throughout the Laboratory. If an employee has not served the time required, they may only apply for Laboratory jobs with the documented approval of their Division Leader. The position commitment for this position is a 1 year. Note to Applicants: Please provide a comprehensive cover letter that details how you are meeting the qualifications for the position.
Where You Will Work Located in beautiful northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. Our generous benefits package includes: * PPO or High Deductible medical insurance with the same large nationwide network
* Dental and vision insurance
* Free basic life and disability insurance
* Paid childbirth and parental leave
* Award-winning 401(k) (6% matching plus 3.5% annually)
* Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
* Flexible schedules and time off (PTO and holidays)
* Onsite gyms and wellness programs
* Extensive relocation packages (outside a 50 mile radius)Additional Details Directive 206.2 - Employment with Triad requires a favorable decision by NNSA indicating employee is suitable under NNSA Supplemental Directive 206.2. Please note that this requirement applies only to citizens of the United States. Foreign nationals are subject to a similar requirement under DOE Order 142.3A. Clearance: Q (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements* for access to classified matter. This position requires a Q clearance which requires US Citizenship except in extremely rare circumstances. Dependent upon position, additional authorization to access nuclear weapons information may be required that may or may not be available to dual citizens depending upon the circumstances. *Eligibility requirements: To obtain a clearance, an individual must be at least 18 years of age; U.S. citizenship is required except in very limited circumstances. See DOE Order 472.2 for additional information. New-Employment Drug Test: The Laboratory requires successful applicants to complete a new-employment drug test and maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing. Although New Mexico and other states have legalized the use of marijuana, use and possession of marijuana remain illegal under federal law. A positive drug test for marijuana will result in termination of employment, even if the use was pre-offer. Regular position: Term status Laboratory employees applying for regular-status positions are converted to regular status. Internal Applicants: Regular appointment employees who have served the required period of continuous service in their current position are eligible to apply for posted jobs throughout the Laboratory. If an employee has not served the required period of continuous service, they may only apply for Laboratory jobs with the documented approval of their Division Leader. Please refer to Policy Policy P701 for applicant eligibility requirements. Equal Opportunity: Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by fe
- Access Controls
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Agile Methodology
- Application Integration Architecture