DescriptionLong Wave Inc. Position DescriptionPosition Title:
Software Engineer II Department/Location:
Engineering/Oklahoma City, OK Supervisor:
Technical Software Manager Status:
Regular/Full-Time Exempt Primary Function:
This position is responsible for design and developing software applications. Performs coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting throughout the application development process as well as works with team members to develop solutions. Essential Responsibilities:
- Determines operation feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specification, standards, and programming.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with customers, studying system flow, data usage, work processes, and investigating problem areas following the software development lifecycle.
- Encodes, tests, debugs, and documents relatively difficult and complex programs.
- Provides code development and debugging for medium to large projects with proficient software knowledge. Able to demonstrate or provide detailed explanation on how to debug applications in their runtime.
- Experienced with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Experienced enough to code in, understand, and implement solutions in C# and C++.
- Desired knowledge and experience with the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern.
- Desired knowledge and experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT, or Azure DevOps.
- High level understanding and exposure to HTML, CSS,
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Employee will be working mostly within an office environment. Employee may travel to work site locations where employee will be expected to dress in appropriate manner to deal with clients and customers. Some travel will be necessary to meet the requirements for the position. RequirementsJob Requirements:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar field from an accredited university.
- 3-5 years performing work as a Software Engineer working with C#, C++, Java or similar
- Ability to shift priorities and demands and timelines while still meeting all expectations and deadlines.
- Ability to qualify for a Secret Clearance as necessary.
- Application Development
- Problem Solving
- Information Technology
- Operating Systems
- Agile Software Development
- Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)