5 years experience
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey 07632
At LG, innovation is the foundation of everything we do. We make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we make "Life Good" - from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting.
We are currently seeking our newest innovator to join our dynamic team as a Bilingual Product Manager (Korean/English) on the Home Appliance Team!
Designs, develops and manages activities for a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production, release, and end of life. Serves as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to production and distribution. Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product's life-cycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line. Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace. Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs. Establishes pricing strategies. Works with engineering, manufacturing and sales to develop new products or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s).
* Gain deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
* Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
* Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
* Translate product strategies into detail requirements and prototypes
* Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
* Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market
* Drive product launches including working with marketing/public relations, executives and other product management team members
* Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
* Detailed calibration and performance testing of new LG models and competitive models.
* Bachelor's degree is required
* Bilingual Fluency is required (English/Korean)
* 8 years experience in high-tech, competitive intelligence, product management, strategic marketing, or strategy/management consulting required
* Experience with delivering complex websites or consumer electronics products
* Mobile Application and/or start-up experience a plus
LG Electronics, USA Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, LG Electronics, Alabama, inc., LGEVU and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
- Competitive Intelligence
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Experience