Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.
Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers.
We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Asia.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Innovate your career.
When you choose Lennox International, you're getting the best.
When you work at Lennox International, youre among the best.
As a leading innovator of home and commercial, heating, cooling, refrigeration, air-quality, and related services, Lennox International is committed to helping our people innovate our products and their careers.
Join nearly 10,000 employees worldwide who build our heritage of integrity and innovation. At Lennox International, we make your home, your businesses, and your work, a better place.
As the Mobile Applications Developer, you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of mobile applications and common software components for the Engineering Controls group.
General duties include, but are not limited to:
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems taking into account computer equipment capacity, limitations and operating time, along with the form of desired results.
- Participate in systems development and maintenance.
- Conduct analysis of complex data processing applications and prepare feasibility studies to evaluate user needs for new or revised systems.
- Coordinate the interfaces between major systems and components. Activities include the conceptualization, development, debugging, testing and implementation of complex application designs to meet user requirements.
- Investigate available hardware and software configurations and capabilities and recommend optimal systems to meet applications objectives.
- Recommend system software modifications or changes to hardware configurations.
- Complete a project per developed schedule.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams.
#LI - Hybrid
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
BS/MS in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 3 years related experience in Mobile Development.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming methodologies.
- Proficient in Android JAVA/Kotlin, iOS Xcode/Swift, Python, JSON, C++, Objective-C.
- Experience with building clients on top of RESTful JSON-based APIs.
- Experience developing native mobile applications for iOS platforms.
- Experience developing on Alexa platform is a plus.
- Familiarity with key Operating System concepts such as multithreading, task scheduling, interrupts and mobile development techniques for Linux and iOS.
- Experience with creating mobile application backend designs, re-usable components, and unit tests.
- Proficient with GUI design concepts and implementation on mobile platforms.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management methodologies (source code version control, bug tracking and requirement traceability).
- Familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP).
- Familiarity with software design and debugging tools.
- Experience developing technical requirements from customer requirements.
- HVAC knowledge is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Lennox, we realize that our greatest assets are our employees. This is why we are committed to providing limitless opportunities for growth and development of all our employees, largely promoting from within the organization. This position is ideal for anyone looking for a diverse working environment with long term growth possibilities. Lennox offers employees a variety of flexible work options, as outlined in Lennox's FlexWork guidelines, including the potential opportunity for remote work for select positions. This role is currently designated Hybrid for up to 2 business days/week of remote work.
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent medical plans designed to support healthy lifestyles
- Mental and financial health programs
- Outstanding 401k with company matching
- Employee stock purchase program
- Community involvement opportunities
- Robust employee assistance program
- And much, much more!
WE VALUE DIVERSITY
Here at Lennox, we believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to build workplaces that reflect the communities where we live and work, support the growth and development of each team member as they strive to reach their full potential, and empower them to be their authentic selves. Lennox is an equal opportunity employer.