Position Title: Senior Software Engineer - CMBS Data Management
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: PA or Remote (Remote only in CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, MD, NJ, MA, NY, PA, SC, TX, VA)
We're seeking a full stack engineer with a focus on web technologies to join our engineering team. We are growing the engineering team that supports our financial analytics system. You should be a talented, and motivated candidate that will get involved immediately by solving problems and collaborating with the team to build out the platform.
About the Team
We believe that small, empowered teams can do amazing things. Across the engineering organization, we work hard to make the best systems for our customers using modern engineering practices. We are intentional in our investments in time, and effort around creating a safe, and successful workplace for our team members to succeed. We understand that software development, and engineering goes beyond the 1s and 0 s and strive to root it fully into valuable outcomes for our customers.
Our engineering team is a highly collaborative unit that is responsible for creating enterprise web applications and backend APIs for our CMBS (Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities) business partners. Working directly with our stakeholders and end-users, the team builds toward the vision of delivering a high quality and efficient user interface for internal and external customers. Our mainstay application has 80% market saturation and we are looking to stay ahead of our competitors through improved technology and user experience.
About the Job
This is role is a backfill on an existing team dedicated to building towards our product vision. This team operates in a highly collaborative way, and there is an expectation to be involved in all aspects of design, delivery and support of the Systems. The work will be focused around working with the whole team on adding features to the product continuously, and iteratively. We also expect an eye for technical quality that continues to improve as the product matures.
This role will require an emphasis on collaboration with our existing teams to learn our domain, and its unique challenges, while providing value to the customer. It also requires collaboration with other KBRA engineering teams, and enablement teams (platform, security, and UX, for example) to develop, build, run and support the system architecture.
This role is fully remote.
To be Successful in this role, you should:
- Have the ability to work in a collaborative fashion Communicate technical ideas clearly
- Have a sense of ownership and craftsmanship around the code base
- Be mindful of application security and familiar with accessibility standards
- Take pride in learning and want opportunities to learn throughout your day-to-day Possess a Pragmatic Mindset
- Knowledge of web technologies (our main technologies on this team are: Python, PHP and Javacript) Experience with the Testing Pyramid (primarily unit and integration tests)
- Experience working on ETL jobs and processes
- Experience with containerized deployments (Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes) and CI/CD pipelines Understand how to use and implement object-oriented design patterns
- Experience working with enterprise systems, in an agile environment Excellent communication skills
- Excellent debugging, issue resolution, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL databases (we primarily use: MSSQL, MYSQL, MongoDB) Nice to have:
- Experience with caching techniques, and their backend implementations (Redis, Memcached, etc) Experience working with cloud storage (Azure or AWS preferably)
- Experience in working with Event Streams Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
What does success look like?
- Integrate features to the product using and improving our CI/CD pipelines Overall technical quality of the product continues to improve
- You contribute with team members, and the team's health metrics continue to improve
- A hybrid work schedule and flex hours will be in place when we formally return to the office (fully remote work schedules are an option for most Technology employees)
- Competitive benefits and paid time off
- Paid family and disability leave
- 401(k) plan, including employer match (100% vested)
- Educational and professional development financial assistance
- Employee referral bonus program
- Cell phone reimbursement
All KBRA employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment with KBRA and must provide sufficient written documentation to KBRA of such vaccination, unless the employee is unable to be vaccinated against Covid-19 because of a sincerely-held religious belief or a documented medical condition.
KBRA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran statusor any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
KBRA is a global full-service rating agency whose mission is to set a standard of excellence and integrity by providing users of our ratings with transparent, responsive, and timely analysis. Established in 2010 as a challenger brand, KBRA remains dedicated to the restoration of trust in credit ratings. We accomplish this through the creation of new standards for assessing risk and by offering transparent ratings. KBRA offers market participants with an alternative solution by delivering in-depth research as well as the tools needed to make informed decisions. Since the company was founded, we have published over 50,000 ratings. KBRA has over 430 employees located across the United States (in New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland) and in Dublin, Ireland and London, England.