Summary of requirements:
Junior level Embedded software engineer, Embedded C, Embedded debugging and testing RTOS knowledge
- The Firmware Engineer (Embedded Software Engineer) is a technical position contributing to the embedded software/firmware development and testing for medical device product advancements.
- The responsibilities can include but are not limited to: embedded electronics and software architecture definition, board design and updates & design for critical features and functions, integrating, debugging and verifying implemented features through unit and functional testing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, software engineering or similar.
- minimum of 3 years of post-educational professional experience, with focus on Embedded Software Development, debugging and testing
- Hands on experience developing embedded software in C and programming knowledge of Real-Time operating systems such as VxWorks, Micrium etc. is required
- 5+ years of professional experience in the medical device industry.
- Experience programming processors such as PIC32, STM32 etc
- Previous experience on medical device embedded software and electrical design efforts.
- Experience developing low level device drivers for hardware peripheral interfaces and devices such as SPI, I2C, USB, LCD, Client, DAC, RFIC
- Knowledgeable in hardware/software interfaces, programming of embedded processor utilizing a Real Time Operating System (RTOS), real-time and post processing data analytics,
- Programming knowledge on C#
- Experience in a structured development environment with source control and bug tracking systems
- Experience generating technical documentation and authoring internal/external publications
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Self-directed with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and trends
- Bug Tracking
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Computer Engineering
- Data Analysis