Overview: IntelliBridge is an award-winning and growing company with a need for a part-time junior data analyst. The analyst will support a project providing overarching data governance and data management solutions for the Department of Justices United States Marshals Service (USMS). The analyst works as a management consultant supporting the USMS data governance initiatives engaging with USMS divisional teams to further support and implement data governance team objectives. Additionally, the analyst supports technical activities which includes data design, database architecture, and metadata and supports repository creation.
Customer Management Responsibilities:
- Apply recognized standards (e.g., NIEM, ISO) to data from internal and external sources and provide recommendations on how to rationalize existing data against the standards.
- Contribute to creating, refining, and documenting team business processes (e.g., in Standard Operating Procedures and/or process diagrams) in a highly flexible environment.
- Contribute to developing and refining organization-wide governance processes, including change management.
- Distill complex ideas into concise concepts. Help draft briefs and presentations to diverse groups of stakeholders at all levels of the organization and answer questions.
- Independently synthesize unstructured feedback from stakeholders and consider relevant data to present quality business solutions.
- Assist in the establishment and execution of the data quality framework, which includes an end-to-end process and framework for assessing decisions that ensure the suitability of data for its intended purpose
- Collect data from internal and external data sources using a variety of methods and tools. Proficiently performing data cleansing and standardization (e.g., removing duplicates, sanitization), assesses data quality, and eliminates irrelevant data to identify and interpret data patterns and trends
- Ensure processes are in place to proactively detect, correct, and prevent invalid data values
- Manage master and reference data in a master data repository
- Develop new and maintain existing extract-transform-load (ETL) process using Microsoft SQL Server SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and/or other ETL tools.
- Develop cohesive understanding of current USMS systems by interpreting system documents such as data dictionaries, source code, entity-relationship diagrams, test plans, and functional requirements documentation. Create diagrams to illustrate the storage and flow of data in the organization.
- Design and develop SQL scripts and queries using ANSI SQL, T-SQL, and/or Oracle SQL.
- Analyze, curate, and interpret large data sets from multiple sources, in various formats, to create meaningful metrics, reports, dashboards, and visualizations.
- Contribute to the identification of data quality metrics that identify gaps and ensure compliance with standards.
- Perform proficiently, data cleansing and standardization (e.g., removing duplicates, sanitization), assess data quality, and eliminate irrelevant data to identify and interpret data patterns and trends.
- Create reports and dashboards using Tableau and/or Power BI in response to data calls and stakeholder requests by integrating data from disparate source systems.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with common database management platforms (e.g., Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server)
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic who sets high standards for self and others and demonstrates enthusiasm for the mission of the team
- 2+ years of experience with any of the following: data architecture, data management, data analysis, IT process reengineering, systems analysis, design, and implementation, data modeling.
- Must have strong attention to detail and excellent command of grammar and language
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills (both oral and written) with a focus on customer service and demonstrated ability to effectively interact at all levels across the organization to build successful relationships.
- Positive attitude, averse to the status quo, always looking to improve current processes and procedures; ability to see opportunities for change, to capitalize on them and implement them when appropriate for the benefit of the organization.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Creating, and implementing ETL packages and processes.
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2016 Master Data Services (MDS).
- Database design (integration of multiple data sources into a single repository).
- MS Visual Studio familiarity.
- Knowledge of Amazon S3 and AWS Athena query tool.
- Understanding of Master Data Repository concept.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse concept.
- Familiarity with Tableau and Power BI reporting tools.
- Experience with Python, HTML, Java, or R programming language.
- Familiarity with external data standardization and exchange organizations such as NIEM, FBI CJIS, and ISO
- Minimum 2 years of academic or professional data analysis experience.
- *Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree required.
- *Location: USMS HQ located in Arlington, VA. Position is 100% telework after a brief in-office ramping-up period.
- *Travel: None.
Clearance: Able to obtain Public Trust with Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI).
Job Type: Part-time