When you join the MAG Aerospace team, you'll be relied upon as the experienced Senior Contracts Professional who will provide timely procurement advice, guidance and assistance to Project and/or Product Manager (PM) concerning the acquisition planning and contractual/procurement aspects of an offensive cyber highly complex major weapon systems.
This is opportunity means you will be helping to make the World Smaller and Safer in support of our US Army as the customer. This team is fast-growing, in demand, and in the early stages of a newly awarded 5-year task order with multiple opportunities for upward advancement supporting Electronic Warfare & Cyber. The EW&C program delivers critical capabilities to counter current and future threats, enabling the next generation of warfighting capabilities from sensor to soldier worldwide. By applying game changing cyber technologies through agile development methodology, we enable battlefield dominance for our Warfighters.
We ask that since this role is pivotal, share it with your professional network. It may not be the role for you, but it could be for someone else.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Government Lead with managing the contracting aspects of the acquisition program, and acts as the liaison between the PM and major Contracting Command.
- Apply procurement principles and technical or program requirements to ensure the acquisition and milestone documentation are reflected and are integrated into the resulting contracting and procurement actions.
- Make decisions or recommendations that significantly affect the content, interpretation, or development of complex, long-range, or interrelated programs.
- Assist with the preparation of Acquisition Requirement Packages (ARPs) to include: Performance Work Statements, Statement of Works, Contract Data Requirement Lists, Service Contract Approvals, Justification and Approvals, Acquisition Plans, etc. Reviews ARPs for completeness and provides procurement and technical advice.
- Conduct market research and assists with the preparation of Market Research Reports, and Determination of Best Procurement Approaches.
- Work with Product Team to coordinate technical evaluation of proposals.
- Advise the Government on the preparation of Source Selection Evaluation Plans, evaluation criteria and weighing methodologies.
- Update 1-N Database with all contracting actions
- Additional duties may be assigned. Duties listed about are included, but not limited to this list.
- 7 years' progressive experience in supporting the development and implementation of contracts and all acquisition related documentation
- Expert knowledge of procurement statutes and regulations and/or contracting methods, policies, procedures, and contract types to participate in pre-award and/or post award procurement actions
- Knowledge and skill in the application of related laws, regulations, policies, precedents, methods and techniques of federal and Army contracting and the DoD 5000 acquisition process.
- Skilled in interpreting, explaining, and applying contractual performance requirements, technical data, regulations, and other guidelines to performance problems encountered in service contracts
- Knowledge of the business and/or management principles and methods used to gather, analyze, and evaluate information
- Ability to apply analytical and evaluative methods and techniques
- Ability to use computer programs (such as Word, Power Point, Internet, Windows, Excel, etc.)
- US Citizenship
- TS DoD Security Clearance with the ability to attain SCI required
- Bachelors Degree in business or Related Field
- DAWIA Level II or III Certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work on multi-functional teams
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with key individuals/groups outside of immediate work unit
- Ability to advise others
- Skill in interpersonal relations
- Ability to meet and deal with customers/vendors/contractors using a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, conduct research, summarize results, and make appropriate recommendations
- Skilled in written and oral communication
The position is contingent upon candidates ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Click below for the EEO is The Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination supplement posters.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation. MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email: [email protected] or call (703) 376-8993.