As a part of our continued growth, we are looking for dedicated and passionate Counter Salespeople. As a Counter Salesperson, you will be responsible for providing a superior customer service experience to all walk-in contact and phone-contact customers. The Counter Salesperson will also be responsible for maintaining excellent customer service to internal and external customers always. We are seeking candidates who are extremely motivated and excited about the opportunity to support all operational processes and procedures. If you like growth and working with happy, enthusiastic individuals, you'll enjoy a career with us!
Essential Job Duties:
- Personally greet every customer as they walk through the door and maintain friendly contact throughout their shopping experience.
- At checkout, implement suggestive selling techniques, as appropriate, and assist with problem-solving.
- Order any out-of-stock, or special order items, create purchase orders, and transfers, and follow up with customers by phone calls to complete invoices.
- Maintain orderly files and clean records of all transactions, as well as an accurate cash drawer.
- Observe changes in inventory to insure minimum stock levels and store showroom appearance is appropriate
- Coordinate orders from the warehouse to ensure customers' orders are ready in a timely fashion to achieve A&A's excellent level of customer service.
- Solicit new accounts using every means available to seek out new business and rebuilds old accounts by researching former customer listings.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Strong customer service background.
- Prior automotive experience and knowledge of automotive parts preferred.
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Some lifting of up to 75 lbs.
- You must also work well as part of a team and be willing to work long hours when necessary.
- It is also important that you display a positive, helpful demeanor, and a commitment to providing the best in customer service.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Should be able to tolerate high and low-temperature levels and occasional inclement driving conditions.