The Senior Data Scientist uses open-source and proprietary programming languages, business analytic skills, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data and infrastructure into advanced solutions in support of healthcare research initiatives. The Senior Data Scientists work assignments involve issues of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial, where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Data Scientist develops, maintains, and collects data sets for analysis and research. This individual also has the following responsibilities:
- Supports the maintenance and quality management of monthly ETLs that refresh HHRs limited and de-identified datasets.
- Conducts required linkages between data resources as specified in study protocols.
- Supports data stewardship activities consistent with enterprise data governance requirements.
- Conducts user testing and other activities to support HHRs IT priorities.
- Provides data support for HHRs pragmatic trials segment.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in an analytical or technical field, or equivalent direct experience in a data science role
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a proven ability to translate complex methodologies and analytical results to higher-level business insights and key takeaways
- Experience building and maintaining research or analytics data sets
- Strong programming skills in SQL, Python, and PySpark
- Experience with statistical languages and packages, such as SAS or R
- Experience with cloud-based analytic environments, such as Azure Synapse Analytics or Databricks
- Experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle DB, or Apache Hive
- Comprehensive knowledge of common Microsoft Office programs, such as Outlook, Excel, Word
- Proven ability to work independently or with others as needed
- Ability to travel as needed to meet with team members or attend conferences
- Advanced degree in an analytical or technical field (e.g., applied mathematics, biostatistics, computer science, health care research)
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods
- 2+ years as a Data Scientist or similar role in a payer organization
- 1+ years of project leadership experience
- Experience with large data sets and/or the analysis of patient-level healthcare data
- Experience with Linux usage and administration, including Bash scripting
- Experience with visualization software such as PowerBI
- Experience with IT budgeting and planning concepts such as the Software Development Lifecycle, use cases, and requirements gathering
- Experience with activities related to HIPAA compliance, such as creating limited datasets and dataset deidentification
- Experience in using data science as a mechanism to drive to better outcomes in peoples lives
Humana is an organization with careers that change livesincluding yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If youre ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
This is a remote position
Scheduled Weekly Hours