What We're Looking For
Location: Noblesville IN
Posted on: March 19
Are you looking for a dynamic and energetic company that prioritizes workplace culture and work-life balance? A company where you can accelerate your career while working on exciting projects & learning from top experts in the state? Come join our growing roadway team at either our Indianapolis or Noblesville location and be a part of our employee-owned, nationwide company with endless opportunities!
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This opportunity entails being responsible for managing assigned project(s) throughout their full lifecycle including developing the scope and technical sections of proposal and procurement documents to participating in contract negotiations and overseeing the delivery of the project plan to successfully accomplish HNTBs 4 for 4 performance: delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to the clients satisfaction on every project. This position proactively manages the budget, schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, and client communications in support of the projects objectives. Provides high level technical tasks while managing and reviewing design related specifications, calculations, reports and plans. Coordinates with internal and external partners including cross-discipline and functional teams to address and problem solve design related issues or concerns. The Project Manager I Engineering typically manages project team(s) for one or more strategic (<$1M) projects or may lead and/or work as a discipline lead on a mini-mega ($1M to <$5M) project management team.What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Responsible for development of the project scope and fee quotation and assists in the preparation of technical proposals and contracts in accordance with HNTB's Sophisticated Contracting Approach (SCA).
- Serves as the primary client liaison and manages the project team to deliver the scope, schedule, and budgets to completion and to the clients satisfaction. Assists with client project scoping and contract negotiations.
- Performs technical discipline tasks including analysis, reports, design, specification, and production for assigned projects.
- Implements the firms project delivery plan using HNTB's Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project. Leads the development and the execution of the project management plan. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Performs coordination with managers on project staffing, including, but not limited to; recruitment, development, retention, and succession of project staff; development of plan for project staff reporting; and support for performance and compensation reviews.
- Partners with Client Service Leaders and pursuit champions to assist with business development, building client relationships, and pursuit efforts for strategic and mini-mega projects in accordance with HNTB's Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA). Works with the project team and marketing resources to prepare appropriate proposal and presentation materials. Leads proposal development and interview presentations for strategic and mini-mega projects to the client as well as general presentations within the industry and community.
- May be responsible for the recruitment, hiring, development, and retention of staff, including development of plan for staff reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and succession.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelors degree in Engineering and 8 years of relevant experience
- 2 years task management or Deputy PM experience
- Managing and leading road design teams in the delivery of complex infrastructure projects for INDOT.
- Managing project scope, schedule and budget.
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring engineering staff.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships.
What We Prefer
- Preparation and completion of discipline engineering designs that are responsive to project needs.
- Coordinates preparation of design details, plans, and drawings within assigned task areas.
- Coordinates design development and/or assist in providing technical direction to the scope of projects; provides senior-level technical expertise on road projects associated with conceptual engineering, detailed engineering designs, and preparation of contracts for construction.
- Develops project design criteria, design calculations, construction details, quantities and cost estimates.
- Reviews and checks engineering work completed by others.
- Supervise, develop, evaluate and assign work to road department staff members.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Coordinates with clients to define work programs and budgets, provide leadership in project planning and strategy including general oversight and planning, project management, project implementation, and ensuring quality of work products.
- Project management experience delivering INDOT road projects
- Indiana Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- 10 years relevant experience
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative engineering environment
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
\#JK #Highways #ProjectManagerNotice To Third-party Agencies
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
Full timeJob Category: