Date: Sep 22, 2022
Location: Linthicum Heights, MD, Maryland, United States
Company: HII's Mission Technologies division
Requisition Number: 9220
Enlighten, honored as a Top Workplace from the Baltimore Sun, is a leader in big data solution development and deployment, with expertise in cloud-based services, software and systems engineering, cyber capabilities, and data science. Enlighten provides continued innovation and proactivity in meeting our customers greatest challenges.
We recognize that the most effective environment for your projects doesnt always look the same. Our hybrid work approach ensures that you can make lasting relationships with your team and collaborate in-person to get the job donewhile having the flexibility to work from home when needed to achieve focused results.
At Enlighten, our teams unwavering work ethic, top talent and celebration of innovative ideas have helped us thrive. We know that our employees are essential to our companys success, so we seek to take care of you as much as you take care of us. Here are a few highlights of our benefits package:
- 100% paid employee premium for healthcare, vision and dental plans.
- 10% 401k benefit.
- Generous PTO + 10 paid holidays.
- Education/training allowances.
Enlighten is looking for a DevOps Engineer with prior experience with Big Data Solutions, Cloud technology, and strong working knowledge of Linux. Passionate about the concept of infrastructure as code and leverages modern tools to define, build and manage virtual infrastructure in the cloud. Work is performed in a hybrid environment with a great team.
- The ideal candidate believes in exploring alternatives and quickly prototyping to validate hypothetical architectures or solutions.
- Will significantly contribute to the development of custom software components and integration of open source code to address complex time series analysis problems through the use of cutting edge Big Data/ Cloud technology. Design, implement, and maintain core architecture and capabilities for software from prototype to operational applications.
- Must understand software engineering fundamentals, OO programming, relational and time series databases, scripting knowledge and a basic level of development operations (DevOps) skill set.
- Security Clearance - A current Secret is required and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. citizen.
- 9+ years of experience in DevOps Engineering or Software Development (Java preferred) and Bachelors in related field; or 7 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 13 years relevant experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a Security+ certification.
- Must be able to work in a hybrid environment.
- Must have experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and NoSQL Databases. Experience with AWS is highly desired.
- Prior experience or familiarity with Unified Platform (UP) Big Data Platform (formerly owned by DISA) is a plus.
- Data parsing/transforming techniques to include JSON, XML, CSV formats.
- Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Github Enterprise, etc.)
- Willing to do on-call/pager duty is a big plus. Possible rotating shift in the future for this role as the current team is full.
We have many more additional great benefits/perks that you can find on our website at www.eitccorp.com [eitccorp.com].
Enlighten, an HII Company, is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans and Disabled Employer. U.S. citizenship may be required for certain positions.