Fox Robotics is at the bleeding edge of warehouse automation, with a focus on autonomous forklifts. As the leader in this space, Fox has clear product market fit and is scaling fast, with plans to nearly double from ~90 employees in the next year. With this growth, employees have a once-in-a-career opportunity to learn, all while working as part of a mission-driven team focused on making robots that work.
What youll do:
- Design and build components of a modern SLAM system
- Develop and maintain robust sensor calibration routines
- Work with other engineers as part of a close-knit team
- Participate in production on-call support rotations
- Travel to customer sites for field immersion at least 2x / year
What youll need:
- 2 Years experience working on localization or SLAM systems.
- Proficient understanding of computer vision, state estimation, 3D geometry and linear and non-linear optimization methods
- Expertise in C++ and python
Nice to have:
- MS or PHD in robotics ideally with a concentration on SLAM or Computer Vision
- Expertise in one or more SLAM related areas such as visual and / or LiDAR SLAM, semantic SLAM, and VIO
- Understanding of CERES or g2o
- At least 3 year workings on SLAM systems in the industry
- Knowledge of deep local features
- Experience working with multi modal SLAM systems
- Object detection and instance segmentation
- Multi sensor extrinsic calibration experience
Whats in it for you:
- A once in a career opportunity to build, alongside colleagues who deeply care (plus robots that arent bad, either!)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Generous healthcare options
- 401k match
- Generous PTO
- Other perks that connect us, including lunch on Fridays, team building activities, and more!
More About Fox Robotics
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader (forklift) that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our customers by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.