Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
While the SF Fed is a Reserve Bank, we're not what you might expect. We're unreserved here. That means we seek new and diverse perspectives. We spark conversations and encourage debate. We build opportunity. We pursue careers that are true to ourselves. We are looking for people who want to help our country reach its full economic potential. When you join the SF Fed, you join a team of people working together to promote an inclusive economy that works for everyone.
At the SF Fed, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The SF Fed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We empower our people to balance their life and work responsibilities. That's why we offer a flexible hybrid work model that allows you to collaborate with office colleagues on some days, and work from home on others.
When you join the SF Fed, you join a team of people working together to foster an inclusive economy that works for everyone. From data-driven insights to cloud transformation, the information technology team moves the SF Fed forward. We use innovative technologies and Agile methods to positively impact every American across the communities we serve.
Join an Agile squad working to bring the product attitude to the Messaging/File, and Service Bus teams at the Federal Reserve bank. You should have the basics of Product Management under your belt, and be ready to work with and learn from dedicated people. This is an "intrapreneurial" team; we strive to adapt quickly while operating within a large and complex enterprise organization. You should be a teammate and known for being authentically relatable.
We are looking for an Associate Product Manager to join our National Integration Services Team.
* With direction, owns part of the execution of full Product Lifecycle, including: Conceptualization and R&D, Development, Introduction & internal evangelization, constant improvement through maturity, etc. usually in partnership with other Product Managers.
* Provides recommendations for product prioritization and key roadmap activities.
* Supports product management team on complex or large products.
* May be responsible for a specific feature or component of a larger product offering.
* Further builds on Industry knowledge by anticipating product trends, capability prioritization and tradeoffs.
* Achieves set Product key metrics, usability, Operations and Maintenance, and positioning relative to external-market Products and capabilities.
* Communicates portfolio and project updates to managers and team members.
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
* Typically requires 3+ years in developing innovative, technical products.
* Participates in the development of IT budgets.
* May provides advice and counsel to vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
* Product management skills and experience, ability to gain consensus, use influence to achieve decisions and call out in a timely and clear fashion.
* Collaborate, establish relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment as well as external suppliers and service providers.
* Product development processes including the ability to evaluate and prioritize enhancement requests for products, set product release schedules and create product forecasts.
* Knowledge of several software development life cycle methodologies; Agile SCRUM.
* Product Manager certification a plus.
* Organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with challenging demands for resources.
* Financial accounting and reporting practices applicable to IT solutions, costs and risks.
* Must be a U.S Citizen or a Green Card holder with intent to become a U.S Citizen.
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank's vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Leave Care, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holiday's, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard of Retirement / Pension.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.
- Agile Methodology
- Decision Making
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Management