Daifuku North America Holding Company (daifuku.com/us/), a group company of Daifuku in Japan - the largest material handling company in the world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies at auto plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at warehouses. We are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing and servicing innovative automated materials handling systems including conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage & retrieval systems, and integrated controls.
The company is currently seeking an experienced IT Software Engineer II.
Position Summary/ Primary Purpose
The Software Engineer is responsible for expanding and optimizing our software code bases, data and data pipelines, architectures, optimizing data flows and code base collections for cross functional teams. The Software Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, and data analysts on various initiatives and will ensure optimal delivery of the software architecture on various ongoing project initiatives.
To succeed in this position, the candidate should be strongly analytical and have the knowledge/skills listed below.
The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even redesigning our companys software and IT landscape to support our next generation of products and software initiatives.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
- Solid in writing codes in visual studio and other IDEs and develop proof of concepts (POC), Working prototypes
- Solid in Microsoft Development environment, Dev Ops, Azure Cloud environments.
- Solid in Microsoft SQL programming, write SQL queries, and Do DB updates as required.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, and by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements by automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Collaborate with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility, and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Analytical & Adaptable to fast-paced learning
- Software development fundamentals (Object oriented, distributed programming, API programming & Web Services implementations)
- Design thinking & Architecture ideas (Design patterns, Service Oriented architectures)
- Software requirements gathering & Documentation skills
- Programming skills (SQL, C#, .NET, Azure & Cloud fundamentals & Visual studio IDEs)
- Software development process skills (Agile, Scaled agile, Other SDLC frameworks)
- Coaching and mentoring
- Strong understanding of data models, structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures, and datasets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal data, external data, and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Direct experience with data management techniques.
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Involvement in inter-departmental projects and experience communicating with various stakeholders
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong listening, interpersonal, written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong Customer service orientation
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Exceptional organizational skills, able to meet agreed deadlines and thrives under pressure
Skills & Abilities
- Time Management Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Service Orientation Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination & Communication Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Verbal and Written Expression and Recognition The ability to listen to, understand and communicate information and ideas presented through spoken or written words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer science, Engineering, Mathematics & Accounting or related discipline or with equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related industry experience as a Software developer & Data engineer creating and maintaining data pipelines, architectures & software code bases.
Demonstrated Physical Abilities
Remain stationary for 50% of the time; move/traverse throughout the office to access file cabinets and office equipment; operate a computer and other productivity machinery; inspect documents; communicate with others through talking/hearing; read/identify/assess forms and correspondence.
Daifuku North America Holding Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled, and federal sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or medical condition. If youd like to view a copy of the companys affirmative action plan or policy statement, please call 248-553-1000.
Daifuku North America Holding Company offers an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and more.
At this time our company only receives applications online. If you need assistance applying online to this position, please call 248-553-1000 and leave a message and your call will be returned.