The Senior Data Scientist within CVS Health is on the front line of driving innovation, directly impacting business decisions. This role is part of a team that works across the Pharmacy Benefits Management ecosystem building analytical cloud-based platforms, supporting pharmaceutical forecasting and pricing. You will have a chance to modernize legacy systems using cutting edge technology. You will work with teammates from our business groups, product management, data engineering, and application development, as well as with your peers from partner data science groups. This role will create analytics products that are a combination of software, data, and other digital tools providing insights and recommendations to business leaders making tactical and strategic decisions. The analytics products may leverage a combination of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics approaches.
- Identify opportunities to tighten drug utilization forecasts and modernize an actuarial framework with data science model-based solutions.
- Determine analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Develop complex algorithms and statistical predictive models.
- Extract qualitative and quantitative relationships (i.e., patterns, trends) from large amounts of data using statistical and data mining tools.
- Work alongside the data engineering team to assess data quality, clean and organize data, optimize data flow and organization of code, productionize and scale models.
- Apply analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data using advanced statistical techniques.
- Develop an advanced understanding of the current forecasting system, stakeholders, work products, and identify opportunities for enhancements and support of new initiatives.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location. Required Qualifications
- 3 or more years of relevant analytic experience
- 3 or more years of experience programming using R, Python, SQL
- 3 or more years of experience with dimension reduction, machine learning, and statistical algorithms
- Advanced knowledge level for SQL
- 3+ years of experience applying modern machine learning techniques to build predictive models for both classification and regression problems using python libraries such as scikit-learn, ml-lib, xgboost, keras etc.
- 3+ years experience with general linear models, including regression techniques, ensemble models, etc.
- 3+ years of experience coding in Python, including PySpark, pandas
- Experience with time series forecasting and causal modeling techniques
- Knowledge of full model development life cycle including EDA, feature engineering, data visualization, model development and deployment, forecast accuracy, model monitoring, model drift
- Experience with pharmaceutical or other healthcare domain with large administrative claims datasets including their associated code sets, terminologies, and ontologies
- Bachelors Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, Statistics, Health Policy, or related field
- Preferred: Masters Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Math, Operation Research, Statistics, Health Policy, or related field
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand with heart at its center our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.