Position at CNO Financial Group, Inc.
CNO Financial Group is hiring an Actuary Health Product Management to gather data and providing analytical reports on CNO company health products, including Long Term Care, Medicare Supplement, and Specified Disease, with an emphasis on predictive analytics.
This is your opportunity focus on deep dive analyses of claim, in-force, new business, and other product elements’ data to determine trends and impacts of current operational and management practices as well as those of external forces.
As an Actuary Health Product Management, your responsibilities will include:
- Leadership in timely, comprehensive, and accurate monthly and quarterly reporting of emerging experience and trends of the health products currently and historically sold by CNO companies.
- Providing insight and guide decision-making related to new products, pricing, target markets, and marketing methods.
- Supporting new product development and pricing activities within Product Management.
- Research and analysis for management initiatives
- Conducting product specific “deep dive” experience studies.
- Involvement with other departments such as marketing and operations in research, data mining and analysis, and trend analysis to lead and support activities centered around maximizing our ability to pursue and retain new business in our target markets.
- Management of Actuarial and technical staff as needed.
The Actuary Health Product Management position is well-suited for you if you:
- Possess data mining and predictive analytic experience.
- Have report development and presentation skills.
- Are proficient with programming languages.
- Hold excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Are a superior analytical thinker.
Qualified Candidates Will Have
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, or related field required.
- Attainment of Associateship in the Society of Actuaries or higher.
- Member American Academy of Actuaries.
- At least 5 years of professional experience.
- Experience with data mining, analytics, and projections or SOA Predictive Analytics certification.
- SAS and Tableau experience preferred.
- Experience in additional programming language such as “R” and Python a plus.
At this time, CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However, this is an evolving situation, in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
Currently, all CNO Financial Group offices are closed due to the ongoing pandemic. Upon reopening, we will be pursuing a hybrid working model. Associates who live within a 60 mile radius of a corporate office (Birmingham, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee) will have access to come into that Office up to 2 days/week, and work from home at least 3 days/week. This role is full time work from home (WFH), also known as Remote. This role can be performed from any US based location within the central or eastern time zone. Work cannot be performed from outside of the United States.
CNO provides life and health insurance, annuities, financial services, and workforce benefits solutions through our family of brands and supported by our associates and agents. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 8,600 exclusive agents and independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork. We have offices in more than 260 communities in the U.S., including our headquarters in Carmel, Indiana, and corporate offices in Birmingham, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward—to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We're looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We'll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you're looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]
- Actuarial Science
- Data Analysis
- Decision Making