Ensure compliance with Data Security mandates
Attend data conversion meetings, review products, ensure all data anomalies are addressed before migration to the new system and that reconciliation between systems, ledgers, etc. are completed.
Support the Data Management lead in the oversight and review of all data management plans and artifacts.
Review Component legacy system data and ensure an accurate understanding of the data elements, structures, and quality is recorded.
Setup staging environments for data cleansing and conversion activities.
Assist Components in preparing for migration of legacy data into a new integrated financial, procurement, and asset management system such as executing mock data conversions and cutover activities.
Support Departmental and Component level Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehouse (DW) efforts in conjunction with third-party BI/DW offerings.
Participate in data migration from legacy systems to SaaS system.
Analyze data and data models in collaboration with developers.
Participate in database design with the technical team as needed.
Facilitate client-facing requirement confirmation and design work sessions.
Create use case, supplemental specification, and interface specification documents.
Design system screen layouts.
Prepare test cases for system testing and user acceptance testing.
Conduct integration testing and system testing.
Write SQL queries in Microsoft SQL Server to procure test data, and perform database testing using SQL queries.
Prepare documentation for system end users and technical system operation manuals.
Provide required support for the technical team.
Work with limited supervision and against tight deadlines.
Prepare technical specifications and documentation for Alteryx workflows supporting BI reports
Perform end to end Data validation
2 - 6 years of professional experience working in a Business Analyst role for the design, development, and implementation of large-scale solutions.
Experience evaluating business requirements and working with subject matter experts (SME) and technical analysts (TA) to translate into a functional design.
Proven ability to develop task plans, manage time effectively across simultaneous project activities, and meet target deadlines.
2+ years of related experience with Alteryx HIGHLY PREFERRED
Hands-on skills and experience in Alteryx Designer, Alteryx Server, and the tools with Alteryx such as Predictive, Parsing, and Transforms HIGHLY PREFERRED
Experience on similar tools like: Informatica, Talend Pentaho data extraction and manipulation tools.
4+ years writing SQL queries against any RDBMS with query optimization.
Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting abilities
Good understanding of unit testing, software change management, and software release management
Good understanding the star schema and data models in the existing data warehouse.
Drives assigned tasks to completion within target deadlines.
Approaches tasks in an analytical manner and focuses on defining a solution to the root need of the task.
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to clearly articulate technical solutions to non-technical staff.
Experience in facilitating meetings and presenting to technical and non-technical staff.
A collaborative mindset with the ability to work in team environment, but also self-motivated to produce results with minimal direction.
Ability to form working relationships with groups of people from varied backgrounds, experience, and education levels
- Translate business requirements into business process and business requirement documents
- Learn business processes and identify business analysis opportunities
- Support business analyst during user acceptance testing
- Analyzing business requirements and process analysis
- Analyze existing business process requirements
- Translate business requirements into system solutions
- Understand business objective and business requirements
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications
- Translate business requests/issues into technical and business process requirements
- Developing business requirements and related business rules based on business group
- Prioritize requirements from business stakeholders
- Translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Writing business requirements for technology/software requirements
- Gather business requirements and analyze data
- Determine business requirements and specify effective business processes
- Support business user reporting needs
- Conduct business process analysis to align information technology solutions with business initiatives in multiple business areas
- Understand business process management and customers' business requirements
- Improve business processes and support future business needs
- Defining business reporting requirements from end users
- Acceptance Testing
- Asset Management
- Business Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- Business Process Management
- Business Processes