Junior Data Analyst - Operations
Jersey City, NJ
We are BetMGM. We are revolutionizing sports betting and online gaming in the United States. We are a partnership between two powerhouse organizations—MGM Resorts International and Entain Group. You know our name through our exciting portfolio of brands including BetMGM Sportsbook, Borgata online, Party Casino and Party Poker. We aim to bring our ideas into action and find ways to deliver the best quality in gaming platforms.
We understand that each card in the deck plays a unique role in any given hand, just as our employees each play a unique role in accomplishing our goals as a company. We strive to create a culture of empathy where our employees feel valued, heard, and comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. We want to build a product and a workplace that reflect the communities we serve so we approach our work fearlessly, take responsibility when we get it wrong, and ante-up again. We play to win, and we are all-in together.
We were recognized as one of Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work”.
About the Role
This role will use data and analytical techniques to gain insights, address issues, overcome challenges and drive efficiencies with a particular focus on the operations domain. You’ll join a fast paced team that thrives in distilling actionable information from large data sets. The roll will be expected to work collaboratively across multiple business units and communicate evidenced based findings to influence the decision making process
- Help identify customer insights that uncover customer journey blind spots and surface trends and opportunities that improve our operations and products driving commercial value
- Monitor customer feedback to identify emerging trends and issues
- Sharing the insights broadly and collaborate with appropriate business partners to drive customer centric decisions
- Develop, own, and maintain customer service reporting and dashboards
- Identify areas where analytical models can help improve business processes and reduce costs, increase revenue while reducing risk
- Use abstract thinking and problem-solving skills to identify business opportunities and pinpoint problems
- Answer business questions using data and analytic techniques, providing fact-based responses
- Data preparation, including definition, transformation, and structured data so that the data is ready for analysis
- Lead, scope and shape all analytical and BI projects to meet or exceed stakeholders’ expectations
- Look for ways of working with the rest of the BI team to fully automate where the same analysis needs to be repeated weekly or periodically
- Work effectively with business counterparts to conceive, specify, pilot, and implement analytical applications and tools
- Must be able to stand or sit and operate computers and other technological devices for extended periods of time
- Skilled at writing SQL to query relational databases; knowledge of Python or R is a plus
- Strong BI tools experience and data visualization skills
- Good understanding of statistical analysis
- Has a basic understanding of the processes, functions, and operations of customer service in an ecommerce led organization and/or more specifically in the sport betting and gaming industry
- Has the ability to provide practical business insights from data to support decision-making as well as doing data deep dives and having strong skills with data analysis
- Min. 2 years of experience in the digital space where customer service analytics has been a primary focus
- Strong experience with stakeholder engagement, ability to be a business advisor and demonstrate business action
- Excellent communication skills
About Our Culture
Building BetMGM from the ground up takes effort, energy, and teamwork, but that’s what will make leading this industry all the more satisfying. We stay focused on our main goal with the help of these four company pillars:
- Believe in Your Game – Take your shot! There’s a freedom to explore ideas usually only start-ups are lucky enough to experience.
- Backed by the Best - With our expertise—merged with that of our world-class investors—we have the opportunity to take this business, and ourselves, farther than anyone has ever imagined.
- Do What’s Right - We operate with clarity and simplicity, always doing the right thing by our customers and each other, standing shoulder to shoulder every day.
- Hustle Hard - Our combined commitment and ambition is what drives us to create some of the most innovative products in the industry.
What We Offer
As a valued employee, we’re committed to giving you the resources and support you need. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Employee Resource Groups and more!
Candidate must comply with and support the company’s responsible gambling policies, procedures and initiatives.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of duties a person in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
BetMGM LLC is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to learn more about you.
If you need assistance or accommodation with your application due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]