Click here to join our private community of job search experts on Slack to receive the latest updates
Location: Phoenix Arizona United States
Posted on: May 26
Date: May 26, 2023
Location: PHOENIX, AZ, US, 85004-3903
Our present and future success depends on the creative and dedicated people of our company who demonstrate the principles outlined in the APS Promise: Design for Tomorrow, Empower Each Other and Succeed Together.
Energy Innovation Analyst (Data Analyst) Senior | C2GS Measurement & Evaluation - Customer Technology Programs MER & Analytics Team acts as the primary data analyst supporting the Demand Side Management (DSM) team and programs.
What your day would be like:
You are responsible for:
Major Responsibilities Include:
More about Customer to Grid:
The mission and vision of the Customer to Grid Solutions team is to serve as the bridge between what APS customers want and what the APS grid needs by developing and delivering innovative solutions for a clean energy future. We are a highly collaborative, forward-thinking team that embraces innovation and a growth mindset.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications:
1) Manage standard Energy Innovation related projects, both directly and through collaboration with other internal and external groups through effective research, data and trend analysis.
2) Research and understand relevant technology trends and emerging business models, including early stage developments.
3) Prepare regular business updates on industry trends, emerging technologies and technology-enabled business models, focusing on the potential opportunities and threats for the Company.
4) Develop analytical and technical capabilities and expertise in areas including: distributed generation, energy storage and smart grid technologies, regulatory and policy issues.
5) Work closely with other business unit teams to assess technology-driven business opportunities, and build business cases for handling of the most impactful technologies
6) Provide support and expertise in forecasting the business impacts of emerging technologies, and ensure these perspectives are factored into business case development.
7) Effectively interface and resolve project issues with departmental staff, other departments, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders to meet project requirements.
8) Maintain and foster business relationships with business units and vendors, participating in negotiations and evaluations to identify potential issues and risks.
9) Participate, as Company representative in various forums, committees and working groups dealing with various Energy Innovation technical, policy and regulatory issues.
10) Demonstrates a continuous learning mindset and knowledge of pilot and proof of concept goals and processes. Able to contribute to the construction of a POC plan and test platform.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, 'U.S. Export Control Laws'). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ('Pinnacle West') maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster. View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Arizona Public Service is a smoke free workplace.
This position is not required to be performed at a specific APS facility as long as adequate technology and a solid ergonomic set up are present. Pending agreement with leadership, employees hired into this role will be able to choose where they prefer to perform their work. Employees will have two options to choose from:
Job Segment: Nuclear, Energy